Sunday, September 4, 2011

9.2.2011

Things are fine here--moving offices setting new ones up--it will be interesting to see how things go at these different locations. Saturday we are doing flat inspections--I know that the missionaries think that they are a joke. The problem is when the landlords see what bad condition some of the flats are in they kick the missionaries out and the mission has to pay the deposit plus cleaning charges that are as high as 4500.00 pounds--very expensive when it is happening frequently. In this moist climate mold and mildew are a given so cleaning is not optional--but a lot of missionaries think that it is. Dad is interesting--he just can't believe that people can live with clutter, dirt and unclean bathrooms. When he tells the missionaries that they need to scrub the toilets and get rid of the lime and rust stains I am sure that they think he is from another planet. But I assure you our bathroom and toilet are without stain. Usually by the time I get up he has already put in a load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, mopped the floor and wiped out the fridge.

Take care--Don't let Burgess get his tongue stuck in the fan.

Love M

No comments:

Post a Comment