I think that my Costco membership is almost due. We are on our way there this am to take another missionary couple. Hope that they are up for the exciting drive. Glad that all is going well and that you all stay busy. We have a busy week --every day will be about 12 hours by time we get where we need to be and set set-up, assist clients, due a workshop Wednesday and Thursday and fit in some Family History.
It has been very interesting to do the FH--getting into it we have found that it was only by immediate aunts and uncles and parents that were not church involved. Once you get back to greats they were early converts who left England, Scotland etc to join the Saints. I have found that work has been done back to the 1600's on a number of lines--BUT the expert here says not to accept lines back that far as accurate--too many people wanting to grab at names rather than really researching for accuracy. What I am doing and starting to have a little success is to look for side lines that are not direct but connected. I will keep working I would love to gather enough names for all of the grands to do some baptisms and for the rest of you to have family names to do. It is scary--once you begin doing this research it does become obsessive.
Take care. We love and miss you but time is going rather quickly. Give all a hug. This week I have been working on knitting a wrap type shawl and it is not about 3 feet long needs to be longer. Jut mindless knitting--no pattern.
Love M
No comments:
Post a Comment